For this Mexican fiesta, I wanted to start with neutral basics and add flare with bright flowers and some fun accessories.
1. Mix bright flowers with succulents for a festive center piece like these examples below.
2. Otomi Table Runner – like this example from Mesa Chic is a great colorful alternative runner and yet still traditional.
3. Pom Pom wrapped cactus – These pom poms take this cactus to another level and would be a great addition to the party decor.
4. Fabulous bar set up – Especially at a Cinco de Mayo party, the focus will be the bar. Make sure it looks festive with some Mexican beer & margaritas, a fun runner, and some more bright flowers.
5. Tequila tasting – What better addition to a fabulous bar, than a fabulous tasting? Grab a mini size of all your favorites or ask your guests to bring their favorite to share and vote on the best!
6. The sign of a great party – Adding fun signage is a great way to further the theme of any party. This punny sign would set a light tone to the event.
7. A great photo opp – I love party decor that makes a statement and provides the backdrop for great photos. This show stopper would be perfect for both and not too tough to make. Flower garland and streamers have never looked more chic. Use faux flowers for the chance to use it again.
8. Picado Chandelier – I love this version of the fun Mexican paper cut outs. The neutral color makes it look sophisticated and balances out the bright colors of the other decor. It would be simple to DIY! Make a few oversized ones and spread them through out the party area to create a cohesive feel.
¡I hope these ideas inspire for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!